Sunday, March 24, 2013

A Faux Gift Card Holder

I wanted a unique card-holder for our gift table that wasn't the typical bird cage. Also, I didn't want the cards to be seen, hence ruling out the birdcage idea.  My (soon-to-be) MIL posted a pin to pinterest that depicted three, decorated and stacked, faux, gift boxes that hold the cards.  There is a slit in the top to drop cards and the boxes are completely hollow in the center.  When I saw this idea, I knew I could recreate it in our colors.  I purchased three, paper-mache boxes from The Paper Source.


I also purchased wrapping paper while I was there.  This wrapping paper isn't your typical wrapping-paper-on-a-spool.  It's superior, high-quality, hand-blocked paper.  You could use any wrapping paper, but since I was there and since I only needed three sheets, I splurged for this amazing paper.




I wrapped each of the three boxes, including the lids, just as I would have wrapped a regular gift.  After all were wrapped, I stacked and traced where the boxes fit and cut through the tops of the bottom two boxes.  I then glued all in place and, voila :






 I'm SO pleased with how this project turned out.  I'm already thinking of ways that I can use this gift tower in the future since we will DEFINITELY be keeping this around after the wedding.


No comments:

Post a Comment