Sunday, February 10, 2013

She's Crafty

I've recently completed one of the big DIY crafts on my long list:

A custom-made peach crate for the dessert table






I built the crate (with a little help from my fiance) using pine boards and large-head nails.  I designed a custom "label" for the front and hand-painted the label using acrylic paints.  I finished the sides with the "Grubb Brand" logo - also painted by hand with acrylics.  After all of my hard work - building the crate, sanding the wood, and hours of detailed hand-painting - I took a deep breath and then sanded, scratched, nicked and dented the entire crate for a well-worn, antique feel.

The peach crate will act as a riser, and stand, for our wedding cake - placed upside down on the dessert table.  After the wedding, we'll keep the crate and put it to good use in our future home.  I imagine this decorative and useful accessory being handed down through our family for generations.


No comments:

Post a Comment